Categories

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Succulent Pecan and Chocolat pie

Today I made the most succulent - and easy - pecan pie I made to date! It was kind of inspired by my Vintage inspired Orange Pie.



Ingredients:
I pack of pecan of 4 oz, or 1 cup of pecan
2 tbps of Corn Starch
2 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of water
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of heavy cream (optional, but I do recommend it!)
Cinnamon, to taste, I used about 1/4 tsp
One 9'' very deep pie crust

First, roast the pecans in a non stick pan, put aside for later.

Prepare the caramel base: on a medium heat, dissolve the brown sugar in the water. Add the chocolate chips and the heavy cream and stir constantly until the chocolate chips dissolve in the mixture.  Add the Corn starch (I dissolve it in a separate bowl in a bit of cold water), and stir constantly until the consistency just starts to thicken. Take out of the heat source. Add the roasted pecans and mix carefully.

Pour into the crust carefully and bake at 350F for about 35 minutes, or until the border of the crust is a nice gold. Let cool completely and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment